Final Thoughts on Lovefool

And thats a wrap. The final thoughts of my piece are below in the video. Please excuse the poor grammar choices, the “urm’s”, the fashion choice, my accent, the overuse of the word “like” and the very awkward face I pull at the end. That’s all that I’m apologising for this part. I have learnt to not say sorry for every little mistake that happens.

Overall I am really happy with the outcome of my performance and wouldn’t change it. Granted I would have made minor tweaks here and there but I’m content. A level of doing this performance piece was that it was such a brilliant way of getting everything out there and managing my emotions and feelings. I think I managed to avoid any clichĂ© about heartbreak and actually flipped it around to make fun of it. Love is a fickle thing that is able to tear us apart on the inside and I believe the message of Lovefool is that it’s ok to fall in love, and also to fall out of it. But when you do fall out of it it is important to make no mind of it and to progress yourself further into whatever makes you happy. I fell in love, then fell out of it but managed to regain myself by putting every bad mood swing and stage of sadness into the creative process of making this piece. I’m thrilled that this was my last show at university and a massive thank you to everyone who has helped bring out my inner artistic potential and who helped me build up this performance.